Federation of Ontario Cottagers Associations
The FLCA is a member of the Federation of Ontario Cottagers Association (FOCA), which offers a range of benefits both for the FLCA as an association, as well as individual members of the FLCA. With a membership of over 500 associations across the province, its mission is “to protect thriving and sustainable waterfronts across Ontario”.
Benefits to FLCA members include:
- access to the FOCA “Elert”, the FOCA newsletter for news, information, policy work, etc.
- information on property management issues such as septic systems, water quality, property taxes and assessments, utilities, emergency information, fish and boating practices, etc.
- access to fact sheets and videos on the FOCA web site
- environmental stewardship resources
- access to special offers and benefits from various FOCA corporate partners, including:
- Cottage First, a group insurance discount program offered through Cade Associates
- 40% discount on Coleman Canada products purchased online
- 10% discount on DockinaBox dock frame systems or boat lifts
… and so much more
Learn more about FOCA at FOCA/Our Work. In addition to numerous publications and webinars, FOCA offers two seminars annually. These have been typically one day events in person but since the pandemic in 2020, they have been offered via Zoom as a webinar for a half a day. Recordings of these webinars are available through the FLCA. As an FLCA member, you can log on to the FOCA site.
There are a number of resources on the public side of the FOCA web site but others may require you to log in as a member. Your username and password can be found on the member secure side of this web site. Click on MEMBERS in the upper right corner of the screen and then enter the member password. It’s generic to all FLCA members. Can’t remember the FLCA web site password? Send us an email to email@example.com.