Mark Your Calendars for these upcoming 2023 events at Farlain Lake!
- Saturday June 10 FLCA Golf Day at Orr Lake Golf Club – Register no later than Friday June 2!
- Wednesday June 21 Succession Planning Webinar at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday July 1 Third Annual FLCA Kids Fishing Derby and BBQ – Register no later than Friday June 23
- Saturday July 22 FLCA Boat Cruise with Legacy Boat Cruises on Georgian Bay at 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday September 16 or 23 Golf Day at Balm Beach Golf Course – to be confirmed
Join Us for Golf!
Saturday June 10 at the Orr Lake Golf Club!
This is not a formal tournament – it’s simply an opportunity to play either 9 or 18 holes and
have some fun with your fellow Farlain Lake community members. Everyone is welcome,
whether beginner or advanced, but we do need you to register using the link below no later
than Friday June 2!
- The first tee time is at 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning – please arrive at Orr Lake no later than
8:30 a.m. to be assigned tee times and organize into groups.
- Participants are responsible for paying green fees or rentals personally upon arrival but
indicate you are with the Farlain Lake group.
- Groups will be organized into foursomes. If you indicate you will bring a twosome on
registration, you will be paired up with another twosome and every attempt will be made to
match player level as closely as possible.
- It will be up to groups to get together for some F&B after play if you wish.
Please see the Orr Lake Golf Club web site for weekend fees etc. at
Scott Dales, member of the FLCA Board, has set up this event and will be coordinator
onsite – please contact him with questions or your need for additional info at
Third Annual Canada Day Kids Fishing Derby!
Mark your calendars! The event will start on Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 9am and close at 12:30 pm on the same day. This event coincides with Canada Day Weekend. Once again, participants will submit photos and stories to the FLCA which will then be posted to the web site, used for awarding prizes, and available for all to see and join in the fun! The Derby is Catch and Release!
Please click here for registration, instructions, Catch and Release Guidelines and after the Derby – all the photos and results!
Many thanks to our current Sponsors:
FLCA Annual General Meeting
After much consideration as to whether we hold the meeting in person or via Zoom, the AGM will once again be held virtually via Zoom.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday August 16, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. Details and registration for the meeting will be posted to the web site soon.
Join us for reports, updates, special presentations and a chance to ask questions about what’s happening around the lake.
Click here for details.
Annual Boat Parade
Farlain Lake has been experiencing unusually high water levels for the past few years which have not receded significantly over the summer. That, combined with the results of a member polls in 2018 and again in 2019 to determine the interest in a Boat Parade resulted in the decision to cancel the Parade. We hope to bring it back at some point in future!